Monday, October 26, 2015

Giroud: Walcott deserved to start


The Frenchman made his first Premier League start since August on Sunday, but says he has been happy to see his team-mate shine

Olivier Giroud says Theo Walcott. has deserved his place in Arsenal's starting XI, even though it has come at his own expense.
Giroud made his first Premier League start since August against Everton after scoring in the victories over Watford and Bayern Munich.

The France international continued his run of form by scoring the opening goal on Sunday, but insists he harbours no resentment over his recent absence from the side.
"I never hide," said Giroud. "I knew Theo was doing well at the beginning of the season which is why I was not angry about not playing, even if it was something new for me.

"The main thing was that he was on good form and he brought something different compared to me. We have different profiles and when he is a bit tired, I try to take the baton.
"I'm pleased to score but the boss can play with my profile or Theo's profile. It has been a few weeks of not starting and I was pleased to start.

"I feel better when I play. I missed not playing a bit more this week."
Arsenal are level on points with Premier League leaders Manchester City.



Source : goal.com