Monday, July 2, 2012

Rafael signs Manchester United extension until 2016

The defender has been rewarded for the form that helped secure his position in the Red Devils' squad, and seems set to play a significant role in Sir Alex Ferguson's future plans

 Rafael has signed a new four-year contract at Manchester United, which will keep the full-back the club until the end of the 2015-16 season.
The 21-year-old arrived at Old Trafford along with his twin brother Fabio from Fluminense in 2008, and his performances for the first team have warranted a call-up to the Brazil squad.

Rafael expressed his delight at securing his future, telling the Premier League giants' official website: “I am so happy to sign a new contract.
"I love playing for Manchester United, there is a great team spirit here and a real desire to win.
"My time here has been unbelievable; winning two league titles, a league cup and a Club World Cup has made me hungry for more trophies.
"I would like to thank Sir Alex for his belief in me and I would also like to thank the fans for their support.” 




Source : Goal.com